Blastrite® is a specially selected and graded Platinum slag with sharp angular particles, black in colour and particularly resistant to fracturing on impact.
Blastrite® is used where expendable abrasives are required for on-site abrasive blasting in shipyards, steel construction, oil refineries, power stations, offshore oil rigs, and any blasting yard designed for diverse and flexible applications. The product is specially graded to optimize production whilst achieving designated surface preparation standards according to industry norms.
- Particularly resistant to fracturing on impact.
- Hardness > 6 Moh scale (Section 4.1.2 of SSPC- AB1)
- Specific gravity Ave. 2.7 (ASTM C128-15)
- Bulk density ≈ 1.39 kg/m³
- Free silica Not detectable
- Conductivity <250 μS/cm (ISO 11127-6)
- Moisture content <0.05% (ASTM C566-13)
- Oil content None (ASTM D7393-16)
- Shape Angular
- Storage Dry, sheltered storage conditions
- Packaging 1.5T Bulk bags or unitised 25kg & 50kg bags
Typical chemical analysis
- Silica, crystalline: None
- Si02: 40 - 50%
- Fe203: 15 - 35%
- Mg0: 15 - 25%
- Al203: 5 - 10%
- Ca0: 5 - 10%
- Cr203: 1 - 5%
- Grade: B125, Size range: 0.5 - 2.5 mm, Profile range: 110 - 140 microns
- Grade: B90 , Size range: 0.2 - 1.4 mm, Profile range: 70 - 110 microns
- Grade: B60, Size range: 0.1 - 1 mm, Profile range: 50 - 75 microns